Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wyatt's 2nd birthday

I can't believe our baby is 2! TWO!! WHen did this happen and how do we make it stop?!?! I remember thinking the day he was born, 2 yrs ago, that I would have a walking, talking 2 year old in 2 years. At the time I just couldn't wrap my mind around that while rocking our little 5 lb bundle of joy. Yet here we are, 2 years later. He's all over the place, jumps off anything, is into EVERYTHING (quite literally!), is quite fearless, can say over 200 words, is healthy as a horse and is just the joy of our lives.

So, yesterday we celebrated Wyatt's 2nd birthday at the splash park in our neighborhood. The weather was nothing less than PERFECT! Low 80's and under the covered pavilion felt wonderful with the breeze. (Autumn is surely on it's way!) He had lots of friends and family attend to see him blow out his #2 candle. The children ran in the water, climbed the playground equipment, ate hot dogs and chips, ran around squirting water guns at each other, drew with chalk on the sidwealks and then the highlight....got to decorate their OWN cupcakes! (Yes, I planned this to be less work for ME, lol!) Not only THAT but they got to design their own goody bags. Again, Less work for ME and more fun for THEM. We came home and he opened his presents. He was more into playing with the item inside the gift bag rather than tearing into it to see WHAT was in there. I'm not sure he knew it was his birthday even though we'd been preparing him all week on HOW to blow out a candle and to answer "TWO" when asked "How old are you?" Instead he was answering "Eight" when asked his age and looking at me like I was some sort of a fruitcake when it was time to blow out his candle. Oh well. We got great photos!! There were too many photos to email out so I thought I'd post them here.

Oh, and the last photos are from today. I walked into the kitchen to find My nosey, er, I mean, Wyatt covered in white SOMETHING. It took me about 2 minutes to figure out he'd dug out a bottle of sunscreen from our swim bag and had decided he needed the entire bottle all over his face and hands. THankfully it's the non toxic brand that has no harmful chemicals in it. (Thank God we do this with all cleaners and bath and body stuff in our house or else we would have been to the ER countless times with Mr Curious (nosey!) Wyatt. Then some cute pics of the boys watching Thomas the Train this afternoon. Enjoy!



























































No comments: